Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Misadventures in Backpacking

Since there are a lot of Jewish holidays in September/October (the new year, day of atonement, feast of tabernacles, etc), we have a lot of days off of school here in Beer Sheva. It is a pretty great opportunity to travel, especially since we're so close to Europe (well, closer than the states anyways). I wasn't organized enough to get a relatively inexpensive trip to Europe put together in time, so instead I decided to backpack with a few of my friends through Jordan since it's something I may never do again. Before I left people kept telling me don't die and (SPOILER ALERT) I survived with only a few blisters, bruises, and scratches, and quite a lot of sore muscles. It was an absolutely crazy and incredible trip, and even those adjectives don't accurately describe Jordan. Since I have a lot of stories to tell, I split the trip up into a few parts so feel free to read all of them, some of them, or none of them if you so desire. It was a ridiculous trip and I'll do my best to share it with y'all in a semi-coherent manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment