Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hylaea; 14 October, 2010

This last week, I went to see the Hylaea exhibit in Penrose Library. While I'm not a huge bird person, I thought the exhibit was extremely interesting. It was cool to see the enlarged pictures of just a part of the bird (like the beak above). However, it really annoyed me that the photographs were not just enlarged but a bunch of small squares put together with a slight gap. I also didn't like how it was all so spread out. I generally don't like museums because there's just so much to see in such a large space and its tiring to go through all of it in one day. I really like this photograph that I took at Hylaea because it included both the sculpture and the picture of the beak without being too cluttered or having one lock the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment