Thursday, August 16, 2012

Iron Chef Israel: Episode 1

So since I'm in Israel for about 5 months (only 4 and a half more now, I guess) and I don't have any sort of meal plan here, I have decided that I'm going to learn how to cook. So far, I've only really cooked twice but both times they have been pretty successful.

After an afternoon wandering around the Beer Sheva Shuk (market) buying fresh fruits, vegetables, and nice soft pita, me, Abby, Shelley, and Sam decided to have a "family dinner" of sorts and make our first truly Israeli meal: shakshouka. Shakshouka is made with bell peppers (red and/or green), tomatoes, onions, and garlic all sauteed together, with an egg cracked and fried over the top. Just to make it a little more interesting, we decided to add eggplant as well. Usually I'm not a big fan of eggplant, but in the shakshouka it was actually really good.

In the process of cooking


The Finished product!



No comments:

Post a Comment