Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Year in Review, 2010

So now that 2010 is finally over, I figured I'd do a little review of the things that happened to me this past year and the things that are coming up in 2011.

May 1: I officially accepted my spot at the University of Denver and was accepted into the Pioneer Leadership Program. I am so happy I'm at DU, it has definitely been the best decision of my life.


June 22: I (finally) graduated from Woodbridge High School. While I liked being at WHS, I am so glad to be out of high school and onto a new stage of my life.

July 8-29: I spent three weeks living it up, traveling around England with my sister, Roni, and then up the Swiss Alps with Roni and our parents. It was an awesome trip, I got to see castles, mountains, Anfield, and of course, the TARDIS and other Doctor Who-related sites.



September 6: I finally moved into my new home, MacFarlane 131 at DU. As part of PLP I got to meet the people who are now my best friends. I have an awesome roommate Taylor, the best Facebook fiance Erin, and my best friend Sam. I don't know what I would do without these three people and the other 68 people who make up the freshman PLP class (including our awesome RAs VTeck, Sean, and Mom).



October 18: My golden birthday! It was weird having a birthday away from my family and my friends from home, but my birthday was still made great by awesome friends who decorated my window and took me to Yogurtland. Because you can't have a birthday with out Yogurtland :)



November 20: As soon as it started, my first 10 week quarter of college was over and I was ready to head home for my six week break. It was sad to say goodbye to my new friends but I knew I would talk to them a lot over the next six weeks.

December 6: The quality of my winter break improved greatly on this day as it was when Sam arrived for a couple day visit. We got to do a lot of things, including climbing up a big hill to watch the sunset over the beach, spend two awesome days at Disneyland, at watch countless youtube videos and random movie trailers on his iPad. It was great having Sam here as not only did we have a lot of fun, but through his visit and our numerous conversations that took place after he left, we have grown extremely close. Talking quite often, we became best friends and I honestly don't know what I'd do if he were not in my life.



December 25: Christmas, obviously. This year's Christmas was no different from the rest of the Yadlin family Christmas's on the surface, but it was the first Christmas now that all of us are in/through college.



December 31: The last day of the year. Looking back it was a pretty good year, and the last night was great as well. I got to spend it with some great friends, and rang in the new year optimistic for what 2011 will bring.

Tomorrow I'll be finally heading back into Denver for my second quarter of the year which will hopefully be even better than my first quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment