Thursday, August 26, 2010

Handprints; 24 August, 2010

These hand prints (one for me and each of my sisters) were made 13 years ago (1997) when I was 4. Since then, my hand has grown so it is a little larger than my second oldest sister's hand from that time (second from the top). In a way, these hand prints seem to document not what we were each like at that time, but how I've grown over the years, even though I'll never have hands the same size as my oldest sister did. It was hard to photograph these prints as they are fairly spread out on the wall, and start pretty low to the ground. In order to get the exact angle without having too much of the adjacent window and door in the edges of the picture I had to lie on the ground. This made it difficult to zoom in with my manual zoom lens, gravity was working against me...

No comments:

Post a Comment