Monday, August 16, 2010

Roses; 15 August, 2010

I took this photograph because it was something that I could play around with more than my previous two. Those I could only take from differing angles, whereas in this shot, I could rearrange the flowers in addition to the angle I was taking it from. While I originally was just interested in capturing the roses themselves in their entirety, as I started taking pictures of them, I noticed the stark contrast between the deep red of the roses and the blue of the wall behind them. Rather than photographing the entire vase, I instead chose to focus on the flowers themselves and the wall behind them. I have always loved taking photos of flowers, but this was the first time I was in a controllable environment. The complexity of roses combined with the simple beauty that they displayed has always interested me, so it was great to be able to capture that combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment